Walsall Council is committed to supporting business growth in the area and works with a wide range of partners to offer a bespoke service to help growing businesses to grow and upskill their workforce.
- Tailored recruitment service – Advertising vacancies, job-matching service, application sifting and interviewing
- Work experience – Unpaid work trials from a pool of local applicants that offers you a ‘try before you buy’
- Apprenticeships – Grants and subsidies when recruiting local apprentices across key business sectors through the Walsall Works programme
- Sector based academy – Pre-employment programmes with a guaranteed interview for interested local unemployed people
- Skills development – Access to short courses for new employees and to meet your existing workforce development needs
- Social responsibility – building relationships and links between business and local schools and communities